Friday, March 7, 2008

Doin' the drywall in Las Colinas

Hey All - With President's Day came my emergence as a fully functional little person - and in the period since, Wow, there's just been far too much to catch up on... but I'll try. Give me a break though, as the long-winded day-to-day recap format (of old) will most definitely be a thing of the past - instead, count on some candid reflection of life's little events - that'll do, and is probably the best format for this venue going forward.

Anyway - the aforementioned holiday saw my first transcontinental flight - no sweat ... slept for a total of 11.5 hours on the plane and made not a sound. The 50-some-odd pair of industrial strength earplugs Mom and Dad brought in case of problems werent necessary, as I didn't get in anyone's way. I was a bit apprehensive of my first weekend in California ... I mean, imagine my chagrin after hearing Dad's tales of the dangerous seismic faults lining the west coast of the US ... sure, the area provides some solid President's day weekend fun - activities like hikes to the top of half-dome, Palm Springs road trips, a weekend in Tijuana, catching my first wave, and bike rides on the shore all sound great - but come on, seriously, who would want to be exposed to the chance of shark attacks, and surely my first earthquake at such a young age!

My time there was great - got to meet so many of Mommy's family and friends, along with those who are bound to be my impromptu partners-in-crime on future family vacations. Highlights included brunches, lunches, driving, Uncle Jay's engagement, waiting in traffic, restaurant participation in my carseat, and generally just a whale-ton of smiles and giggles for all the new faces who came to meet me!

The biggest news of the trip was, you guessed it, Uncle Jay's proposal ... Unfortunately, Mom and Dad failed to invite me to the big proposal event, so I wouldnt know. ... I was told it was beautiful (on the beach, candlelight in a private cove, sunset, flowers, the works), but since I wasnt there, ho-hum.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcomed and loved - especially Jake and Shana who graciously let me crash at their pad for the long-weekend. (Don't tell them about the spitup on the rug!)

About that spitup ... gotta do my shirt-laundry. Talk to ya soon.

Shana Showing Me Around

Clover, Jett, Gracie and Hudson... Watching The Big Dogs

Clover Filling In For Mommy Temporarily

Lindsay, That's More A Look Of Terror Than Joy

Jay Debating Internally About How Long Until I Get A Cousin?!?! (I'm just sayin ...)

For The First Time On The Links, It's Hard To Top Torrey Pines in Pre-US Open Condition (Prediction: Tiger by 6)
This Picture Belongs On The Cover of San Diego's Tourism Brochure (Seriously though, CONGRATS Uncle Jay & Aunt Michelle!)


Mmm... I LOVE Bagels!


Daddy, Can We Move Here? I Like These Houses Better!!

Small Consolation Prize For Missing The Engagement: A First Class Seat Home to JFK

No comments: